Submission Guidelines for Library Faculty Publications
Who Can Submit
Any current or retired member of Learning Resources Services (University Library) at St. Cloud State University may submit an article or paper accepted for publication or previously published to Library Faculty Publications. Unpublished works may be submitted to Library Working Papers and Non-reviewed presentations to Library Faculty Presentations. p>
How to Submit a Paper
- Make sure your paper is in an acceptable format. Papers or articles can be submitted in Microsoft Word, (RTF), or Adobe Acrobat (PDF). Papers submitted in Word or RTF will be automatically converted to PDF. If your paper contains special characters, such as diacritical marks, foreign language fonts, or mathematic formulas, it is best to convert your paper or article to PDF prior to submission.
If you use a word-processing program other than Microsoft Word, look for an "export" or "save as" option in your program to save it as a Word or RTF file.
- Verify whether the original publisher of your article allows you to deposit the paper or article in The Repository. If you do not have explicit permission from the publisher, you can check online at SHERPA/RoMEO for publisher permissions
- Have an abstract for your paper. The abstract can be any length. Use of diacritical marks, foreign language fonts, or mathematical formulas may pose problems; contact the site administrator if you have questions.
- Identify a few select keywords that convey the topic of your paper or article. These are words that will complement the abstract and improve search engine indexing.
- Have a copy of the complete citation, including a link where appropriate, to the original published version of your paper or article.
Submission Agreement for Library Faculty Publications
By submitting this Work, I warrant
- That I have the full power and authority to make this agreement.
- That the submitted Work is original and completely the product of my research and writing.
- That the submitted Work does not contain material of a defamatory or libelous nature.
By submitting this Work, I grant St. Cloud State University the non-exclusive right to distribute my submission ("the Work") over the Internet and make it part of the theRepository at St. Cloud State.
NOTE: It is suggested that you print this page for your records.