Add logo here

TEST_Old Main (1875-1913)
TEST_Old Main (1875-1913)

Old Main (1875-1913)

From left: Lawrence Hall, Old Main, and the Old Model School, 1907
Designed by architect A.M. Radcliff and completed in 1875 at the cost of $28,000, Old Main served as the main instruction and administration center for St. Cloud State University including as a library. The library room housed several thousand books and government documents. A south wing was added in 1893 and a north wing constructed in 1897. The Old Main building was demolished in 1950 upon the completion of nearby Stewart Hall.
Caption: Library in Old Main, ca. 1900Caption:Old Main, ca. 1874-1893
Caption: Library in Old Main, ca. 1900Caption: Old Main, 1902

Test Section Tiles
Test Section Tiles

<div class="block-exhibit_items">
<div class="app_collections container-fluid p-0">
<div class="row row-fluid">
<div class="col-md-6 col-lg-3 mb-5">
<div class="card exhibit-card text-center">
<a href="http://repository.stcloudstate.edu/exhibit/libraries-exhibit/old-main/" class="embed-responsive embed-responsive-1by1">
<div class="embed-responsive-item card-img-box">
<img src="https://exhibit-production-digitalcommons.s3.amazonaws.com/images/29105414-old-main-1874-st-cloud-st.2e16d0ba.fill-350x350.jpg" alt="Old Main (1875-1913)" class="card-img-top img-fluid animate" width="" height="">
</div>
</a>
<div class="card-img-overlay">
<h6 class="card-title">Old Main (1875-1913)</h6>
<div class="block-paragraph ">
<p></p><h2>Old Main (1875-1913)</h2><p></p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="col-md-6 col-lg-3 mb-5">
<div class="card exhibit-card text-center">
<a href="http://repository.stcloudstate.edu/exhibit/libraries-exhibit/old-model-school-1913-1952/" class="embed-responsive embed-responsive-1by1">
<div class="embed-responsive-item card-img-box">
<img src="https://exhibit-production-digitalcommons.s3.amazonaws.com/images/29127589-old-model-school-1906-ext.2e16d0ba.fill-350x350.jpg" alt="Old Model School (1906), exterior, St. Cloud State University" class="card-img-top img-fluid animate" width="" height="">
</div>
</a>
<div class="card-img-overlay">
<h6 class="card-title">Old Model School (1913-1952)</h6>
<div class="block-paragraph ">
<p></p><h2>Old Model School (1913-1952)</h2>Designed by state architect Clarence Johnston, the Old Model School opened in 1906 as the home for the campus laboratory school. After the opening of Riverview in 1913 as the new home for the campus laboratory school, the Old Model School became the library. Serving just 1,000 students, the library held more than 12,000 books and government documents. The Old Model School, which stood between Stewart Hall, Old Main, and Riverview, served as the library until 1952 when the David L. Kiehle Library opened its doors. The Old Model School was demolished in 1960.For more information about the Old Model School, visit the individual historic building profiles.<p></p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="col-md-6 col-lg-3 mb-5">
<div class="card exhibit-card text-center">
<a href="http://repository.stcloudstate.edu/exhibit/libraries-exhibit/kiehle-library/" class="embed-responsive embed-responsive-1by1">
<div class="embed-responsive-item card-img-box">
<img src="https://exhibit-production-digitalcommons.s3.amazonaws.com/images/29127585-kiehle-1952-exterior-st-c.2e16d0ba.fill-350x350.jpg" alt="Kiehle (1952), exterior, St. Cloud State University" class="card-img-top img-fluid animate" width="" height="">
</div>
</a>
<div class="card-img-overlay">
<h6 class="card-title">Kiehle Library (1952-1971)</h6>
<div class="block-paragraph ">
<p></p><h2> Kiehle Library (1952-1971)</h2>Designed by architects Louis Pinault and Virgil Siddens and built by the George Madsen Construction Company, the David L. Kiehle Library opened in the fall of 1952 as the first campus building constructed as a library. Covering more than 55,000 square feet with a 135,000 book capacity, the library cost $775,000 to construct. Kiehle, named in honor of St. Cloud State's second president, was designed to accommodate a population of 2,000 students. In 1952, more than 73,346 books were moved into the library when it first opened. Kiehle remained the library until 1971 when Centennial Hall opened and the campus student population numbered 10,000. In 1974, the building was renamed the Kiehle Visual Arts Center to house the Department of Art.&nbsp;For more information about Kiehle, visit the individual historic building profiles.<p></p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="col-md-6 col-lg-3 mb-5">
<div class="card exhibit-card text-center">
<a href="http://repository.stcloudstate.edu/exhibit/libraries-exhibit/centennial-hall/" class="embed-responsive embed-responsive-1by1">
<div class="embed-responsive-item card-img-box">
<img src="https://exhibit-production-digitalcommons.s3.amazonaws.com/images/29127579-centennial-hall-1971-exte.2e16d0ba.fill-350x350.jpg" alt="Centennial Hall (1971-2000)" class="card-img-top img-fluid animate" width="" height="">
</div>
</a>
<div class="card-img-overlay">
<h6 class="card-title">Centennial Hall (1971-2000)</h6>
<div class="block-paragraph ">
<p></p><h2>Centennial Hall (1971-2000)</h2><p></p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="col-md-6 col-lg-3 mb-5">
<div class="card exhibit-card text-center">
<a href="http://repository.stcloudstate.edu/exhibit/libraries-exhibit/james-miller-learning-resources-center/" class="embed-responsive embed-responsive-1by1">
<div class="embed-responsive-item card-img-box">
<img src="https://exhibit-production-digitalcommons.s3.amazonaws.com/images/29127596-miller-center-2000-exteri.2e16d0ba.fill-350x350.jpg" alt="Miller Center (2000), exterior, St. Cloud State University" class="card-img-top img-fluid animate" width="" height="">
</div>
</a>
<div class="card-img-overlay">
<h6 class="card-title">James W. Miller Learning Resources Center (2000-present)</h6>
<div class="block-paragraph ">
<p></p><h2>James W. Miller Learning Resources Center (2000-present)</h2>The James W. Miller Learning Resources Center opened in the fall of 2000. Designed by Leonard Parker and Associates and built by the Donlar Construction Company, the Miller Center has 235,000 square feet of space, seats 2,400 people, and has a capacity for 650,000 books. The Miller Center cost $32.5 million to construct and was named for prominent St. Cloud businessman and donor James W. Miller.For more information about Miller Center, visit the individual historic building profiles.<p></p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="app_items container-fluid p-0">
<div class="row row-fluid">
</div>
</div>
</div>