Add logo here

Old Main (1875-1913)

From Left: Lawrence Hall, Old Main Building , and the Old Model School, 1907

From left: Lawrence Hall, Old Main, and the Old Model School, 1907


Designed by architect A.M. Radcliff and completed in 1875 at the cost of $28,000, Old Main served as the main instruction and administration center for St. Cloud State University including as a library. The library room housed several thousand books and government documents. A south wing was added in 1893 and a north wing constructed in 1897. The Old Main building was demolished in 1950 upon the completion of nearby Stewart Hall.


Library in Old Main, ca. 1900

Caption: Library in Old Main, ca. 1900

Old Main, ca. 1874-1893

Caption:Old Main, ca. 1874-1893

Library in Old Main, ca. 1900

Caption: Library in Old Main, ca. 1900

Old Main (1874), St. Cloud State University

Caption: Old Main, 1902


Image Caption Place Holder Text


Image Caption Place Holder Text


Image Caption Place Holder Text


Image Caption Place Holder Text