The Repository @ St. Cloud State

Open Access Knowledge and Scholarship


St. Cloud Area Quarterly Business Report

Publication Title

St. Cloud Live

Document Type


Publication Date



Businesses reported worsening economic conditions in the last three months of 2023, but expressed optimism for the first half of 2024. Over the year on a seasonal basis, only 135 jobs (0.1%) were added to the economy. Four of six regional economic indicators pointed down. Only 60% of businesses surveyed reported the same operating hours as they had had in 2020; half of the remaining 40% said their hours were more flexible, while the other half decreased hours of operation. They also said one third of customers now had higher expectations of firm performance than 2020. Improvements in speed and value were most often cited.


Quarter 4 of 2023



To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.