SCSU Journal of Student Scholarship
- Philosophy of SCSU Journal of Student Scholarship
- Who Can Submit?
- General Submission Rules
- Formatting Requirements
- Attribution and Citation
Philosophy of SCSU Journal of Student Scholarship
For more information, please see SCSU Journal of Student Scholarship Aims and Scope page.
Who Can Submit?
Articles may be submitted to Saint Cloud State University Journal of Student Scholarship (SCSU JOSS, "the Journal") by anyone (e.g., student, faculty, staff, etc.), as long as the author(s) and content of the article satisfy all SCSU JOSS Policies. The next section outlines what content may be submitted.
What Can Be Submitted?To submit an article (the "Article"):
- You must be an author of the Article, or the authorized agent of the author(s) and copyright holder (if different from the author(s));
- the author(s) must have all approved the work for publication;
- the author(s) must have all agreed to submit the article to the Journal (SCSU JOSS);
- all submissions must include at least one student author who is currently enrolled at SCSU, or is currently enrolled in a Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System institution, or is currently enrolled in some other institution but has participated in a relevant scholarly, research, or creative activity organized by one of the aforementioned entities;
- the author(s) must accept full responsibility for the content of the Article;
- the Article must be the author(s) original work and must not contain any libelous or unlawful statements or infringe on the rights or privacy of others or contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury
- the Article must not have been previously published, is not pending review elsewhere, and will not be submitted for review elsewhere pending the completion of the editorial decision process at the Journal.
SCSU JOSS has no general rules about the formatting of articles upon initial submission. There are, however, rules governing the formatting of the final submission, so it is suggested to use the required format as soon as feasible when preparing articles for submission. See Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for details.
Although bepress can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author(s) to produce an electronic version of the Article as a high-quality PDF (Adobe's Portable Document Format) file, or a Microsoft Word, WordPerfect or RTF file that can be converted to a PDF file.
It is understood that the current state of technology of Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF) is such that there are no, and can be no, guarantees that documents in PDF will work perfectly with all possible hardware and software configurations that readers may have.
Each article submitted to SCSU JOSS will undergo the Journal's editorial decision process. The Journal is not under any obligation to publish the Article. We will send you notices at the email address associated with your account.
If the Journal agrees to publish the Article, in order to expedite the publishing process and enable the Journal to circulate your work to the fullest extent, you hereby agree that upon publication, the following is automatically assigned to the publisher: a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual license to archive the Article and make it available open access worldwide for non-commercial purposes.
Attribution and Usage Policies
Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the Article or any material therein, in any medium or by written agreement requires credit to the author(s) as copyright holder(s) and to theRepository at St. Cloud State as publisher.
An example of an acceptable scholarly article citation format is: A. A. Author, "Title," SCSU JOSS S2(1), pp. 12-15 (2021), published in theRepository at St. Cloud State.
All other usage requires credit to the author(s) and theRepository at St. Cloud State (e.g., A. A. Author ©2021, published in theRepository at St. Cloud State).